Monday, February 9, 2015

Hay Mas Tiempo Que Vida

 
Hay mas tiempo que vida
(there is more time than life)


A bit puzzled today, just where do I restart our missionary journey.

Do I mention the earthquake, or the girls being able to go to the beach,
or about the wheelchair for Reyna.

Have I peaked your interest?

I lift my eyes to the hills----where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalms 121:1-2
Therefore, since through God's mercy we have this ministry, we do not lose heart.
For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs
them all. 2 Corinthians 4:1, 17

A mission team from Georgia visited Emmanuel Home Saturday. Thank you Lord for sending this medical team, their outreach of medicine and Holy Bibles in Spanish, brought comfort to many Nicaraguans in need.

 We did a little rock n roll here in Managua this week. Not uncommon to have earthquakes here with volcanos dominating the landscape, then of course there is the Caribbean Sea on the East side of Nicaragua and the Pacific Ocean on the West side. Shifting ocean plates, equals earthquakes.



Natalie
Reyna

Thanks to the Tulsa Rotary Club , I was able to bring Reyna a wheelchair from the states, but was not able to locate a wheelchair for Natalie. As usual God was way ahead of me, turns out Reyna being of small stature fit into Natalie's child size wheelchair perfectly, while Natalie fit into Reyna's new wheelchair.  Both girls were helped, amazing how God works when he's the one in control.





School started today for Nicaraguan children. The girls at Emmanuel Home were taken to the beach yesterday for a back to school bash.  A great time was had by all, for some of the children a new experience. Sand, water, and sunshine makes for a great combination.



Cuisine for the day, Nicaraguan Taco's, filled with pollo, queso rolled in a tortilla and fried. Topped with shredded cabbage and vinegar. All for the low cost of 15 Cordoba's or $.60 U.S.
I could really get used to this food, YUM!


Rabbit stew


   Our next meal for the home is in this picture.

    Rabbit stew, fried rabbit, rabbit n dumplings.

This may take a little more getting used to.








We will be getting our missionary work orders soon, looking forward to getting my feet wet.
I will have more to tell you soon, but for now I must sign off, it is time to go to the embassy to apply for my visa.


To all my Ministry Partners please remember, Almighty God has sent US to do this ministry together, we have been called we must never give up.

I leave you with the following prayer request needs.

1. That all goes well with my visa application.
2.  The completion of my apartment happen soon.
3.  That God will provide a car for me since I have been informed I am not to use public transportation due to safety concerns.
4.  The children are in urgent need of panties, bras and camisoles. 

As God reveals himself, I pray each of you petition the Lord for direction, adjust your lives that God be first above all else, and seek his face with pure motives to Glorify our Lord.

Great and wondrous things are taking place here in Nicaragua and from what I am hearing
God is moving in your midst's as well.

LOOK FOR HIS COMING SOON and look for more of this blog.



1 comment: