Friday, April 17, 2015

Mountaintops and Valleys

Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.
 
Mountaintop
 
Come; join us as the Missionary Journey  continues.
 
Life dishes out all kinds of issues, whether your State side or in the middle of Nicaragua. If there is one thing I have learned since being here, it is that Satan is just as deceitful amongst believers as non-believers, no matter where you live.     
                                                                                                           
Valley


GOD's Amazing Grace
 
Twenty-six sets of hormones raging on a daily basis at Emanuel Home of Protection. New girls arriving with yet another set of problems, stirring up old issues laid to rest for the girls already settled into their new lives.

Little Women
This is reality for these young girls, a life not chosen by these children. Their lives, their childhood ripped away, stolen, cut short. For some, their young life had just begun.

12 year old Mom & 2 month old Son
Now, here we are, outsiders, trying to make sense of it all.  Like all the Kings men in the Humpty Dumpty rhyme, we try to put them all back together again. All of your prayers, my dear friends, has truly made a difference for us here.
 
To my Ministry Partners, Prayer Warriors and blog followers, I am here to tell you, Jesus Christ is King, and I am a soldier in his army, I will not go down without a fight.  Jesus said to his disciples, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, "Move from here to there" and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. 
 
So look out Satan, there is POWER in the Name of JESUS, so keep those prayers
before the Lord God Almighty for Emanuel Home. 
Our work here has just begun.
 
Praise the Lord, we found a church where we will be able to take the girls for Sunday worship, youth and children's programs.  A church where they can grow in their faith, share their testimony and develop social skills. This is just another answered prayer.
 
Our small group meeting has been so good.  We are studying forgiveness, hope, and learning to say NO!, when confronted with evil.  My Spanish must be improving, because this week the girls actually understood what I said.  Of course the Chocolate Smores helped.
I Love Smores 
I have learned to be very flexible here in Nica, my job duties are changing as the Lord is opening new doors of opportunity. I began doing physical therapy this week for our special needs children.  I did not realize how rewarding this job would be until I saw the scares and twisted bodies of these girls.  Their needs are 24/7, like a new born infant, and I get to smoother them with lots of hugs and love and I pray some beneficial therapy.
Physical Therapy Fun
Starting the 19th of April, I will be working 8 to 5 in the home. My day still starts at 5:30am with prayer and Bible reading, a quick dress, then off I go to take the girls to school at 7am. This is a  new challenge, but I am up for it.
 
The weather is getting hotter, at times it is hard to breathe.  Your skin is wet and sticky, along with your clothes. A breeze will stir briefly, just enough to stir the dust that sticks to you like glue. The month of May cannot arrive quick enough for me, I pray the rainy season comes soon.  I might need to be reminded I said that when the rain does start.
 
I made homemade tortillas...the staff suggested I keep my day job. Back to the drawing board, try,try again. But, I can sure make some awesome rice and bean dishes, mostly my diet here, that an chicken. 
  
 Mission Teams will begin to arrive late May, so things here really should start to pick up with not much time to spare.  One church team from Bowleggs, Oklahoma is doing a fund raiser using a suitcase display to be filled with donations for Emanuel Home. What a great idea...Thank you Bowleggs for having a heart for Missions.

Dear friends and readers, I pray God open your eyes and hearts to the work he has called you to do.
Should the Lord be leading you to become a Ministry Partner with me here in Nicaragua, just click on the donation button at the bottom of the page and follow the prompts.  Thank you and God bless.

The Mission Journey will continue... 
 
 
 
 
 
 
  


No comments:

Post a Comment