Friday, August 14, 2015

"ENJOYING PEACE IN HIS PRESENCE"

                                                                                                           
                                                                                                                          
 
 
"Who among the gods is like you, O Lord?
Who is like you---
majestic in holiness, awesome in glory,
working wonders?"
Exodus 15:11



COME...our missionary journey continues.

Since being ill for the past two weeks with pneumonia, I have had time to reflect on this mission journey, what is it God is desiring for us to do.

Here at Emanuel Home of Protection, we work at meeting the needs of rescued children from their unspeakable suffering, with the compassion and love of Jesus Christ.
In Diriamba, we have reached out to the lost, hungry elderly on the streets with the gospel message, food, clothing and medicine.
What are we missing? 

To be perfectly honest, I was fearful this journey may be coming to a close.  My health gave me a surprise jolt because I ignored the obvious.  Will this illness cause me to be sent back to the States?

I have been fighting some kind of bacteria in my system for a while now, (missionaries are not immune) but would not give into it, fearing if I ever go down I may not get back up.  Do other 65 year old people think this way, or is just me? 

Anyway, the bacteria finally took me down with pain in my left lung. I told myself, self, you blew it this time, you should have gone to the doctor a month ago.  My dear co-worker Anna Kate, got me in to see the doctor.  Thinking I was about to draw my last breath, I did not argue. 

Without much improvement the first week, my director Karl Brassfield, took me on a return doctors visit.  More blood work, x-rays, a change in medicine, rest are ordered.  Prayers went up from around the world, our merciful God heard them all.  Thank you with my whole heart each of you ministry partners, many friends and family alike for praying on my behalf.  I am seeing a light at the end of this tunnel, I am beginning to heal.

I prayed as well, asking God to please give me more time, Lord your work here is not complete and the workers are few, if it be your will Father, let me see this through.  He began answering this prayer by putting me to bed for rest and healing, and to spend some very quality time with Him in the scriptures and prayer.  God will get our attention, if we fail to listen.

As I sit in my chair, drinking in all the sounds of the girls doing homework on the veranda or playing soccer in the compound.  My heart yearns to be back in the midst of them. 

The cries of the babies for attention has me clued to the window, all the while wishing I could do something to soothe them (some of them have pneumonia also, prayers needed for them), but with only two workers for five babies and two disabled youngsters, needs have to be prioritized.  O God, your healing upon the babes.
 


Our monthly movie night was last Friday, I was able to get things started but did not get to participate, my bed called out to me. Their movie was "Princess Diaries", for whatever reason, the girls seem to think I am just like Princess Mia's grandma.  Go figure, it must be the love and compassion I show them, right?


All the children were doing so well with their physical therapy, I am praying a delay will not get any of them behind.   I could look at this as job security.

The boys will be crawling soon and Jaxson has a mouth full of teeth already, graham crackers and cheerios are his favorite treats, as they are for the rest of the  little ones.



The best way I can explain this lesson; " A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out.  In faithfulness he will being forth justice, Isaiah 43:3

Jesus will mend broken lives, the Holy Spirit intercedes on our behalf with word we cannot speak.  He sustains me.  It does not depend on my desire or effort, but on God's mercy.

When life is under Christ's rule and authority, they are restored to health, beauty, and freedom.

A hard lesson, but Lord, you have undivided attention.

Thank you Almighty God, for allowing me this time to bask in your presence and delight in savoring every blessing.  In you I have placed my faith and trust.  Join me as a ministry partner, Landa Carnes missionary to Nicaragua, God bless your sacrificial giving.

 " And surely I AM with you always, to the very end of the age."  Matthew 28:20

Our missionary journey will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment