Thursday, August 6, 2015

WALK JOYOUSLY WITH ME THROUGH THIS DAY


His Magnificent Glory 
Hold to my hand as together we savor the pleasures and endure the difficulties we encounter.  Be still and know "I AM", let me bless you. 

"I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior.  The Sovereign Lord is my strength."  Habakkuk 3:18-19




Sometimes God has to allow me to get into a position where I truly need to listen to what he has to say, not just in passing. This journey of ministry is God's creation, not mine, designed by God, not me, for God's purpose, not mine.

So, why is it I continually think God needs my help.  I have it backwards, I am the one in need of his help.  It's not about my desire this, and my desire that.  Makes me wonder how God has time to do what he does.  The ministry we are doing together, ministry partners, is about being obedient to God's will, his desire for you and me.

Holy Spirit, continue to groom me, as I have much to learn.  Ministry Partners, blog followers,
God has only begun to pierce our hearts with His love for the Nicaraguan children and the needy elderly, we have come here to carry out God's plan, to fulfill His purpose.  Here I am Lord, send me.

COME...let us continue our missionary journey.


check out my new sling
Mission teams and more teams have come to Emanuel Home of Protection this month, what a great out pouring of blessings they have bestowed upon the home and the needs of the children. 

Christian men, women, youth and child alike, coming to share the love and compassion of Jesus with our kids.  For some team members, a life long bond is formed with the girls, for other members of the team well, they leave us to return home to their comforts and warm hearth, but their lives will never be the same, not after what they encounter here, and not after a child shares with them their story.

13 and a Mom
4 yrs. old doing her laundry
Tears stinging the cheeks of these children, as they tell you there has never been a person in their life to wrap their arms around them and say, I love you, everything will be alright, until I came to Hogar de Emanuel.  No, for these children it is abuse, that's the memories they carry. Victims, their childhood stolen from them. Our work is just beginning.

Then the teams come and bring laughter, hugs, and of course goodies, but most importantly they bring love. After a team has gone, I get to hear and see all that the children have gleaned from a team, I love it when the girls have learned a new English word, they put it to good use with Spanglish (Spanish/English).  Works pretty good too, their broken English, my rough Spanish. 

This month fourteen of our girls had completed their Christian study and received banner ribbon rewards.  A beautiful service was held, the pastor from San Grogorio church spoke.  And what would a celebration be without cake.
God is Good all the time, All the time God is Good 
  We had three new girls arrive this month, one is a newborn, our 15 year old Mom gave birth to a bouncing 8 lb. baby girl, Genesis. Mom had difficulties after birth and had to remain in the hospital, but all is well now praise God, he heard all the prayers of the saints.  Our other two girls are age 9 and 11 years old, beautiful young children.  We are truly thankful for them all.
Genesis born July 29th

This has been a trying month for sure, ups and downs.  I have learned to be a referee, nurse maid, and a tough guy bouncer, that nearly got herself bounced.  The challenges have been many, but not once did I ever think I was alone. 

As I walk with my Lord hand in hand, I feel safe, locked in his embrace, he will never let me go. Wherever this road takes us, it is a journey worth the travel.


a team after God's own heart


first meds arrive
The feeding of the elderly went so well last Saturday, the Lord truly blessed us with much needed food, supplies and medicine.  A new member of our team Erika, helped us prepare a delicious meal as
our girls cooked, served and cleaned.  One of our girls, (I took a photo) was talking with an older street women, when I noticed she began stroking the women's hair. Our girl did not even realize she was embracing and comforting the woman, she was loving her in spite of the dirt and smell.  Oh but if we could only get passed our bias, and reach the people like Jesus did. 

Love and Comfort
We have been able to get the meds ordered for the comedor to help aid these elderly people that cannot get medicine.  We are in deep need of sponsors or support in any amount to continue feeding and purchasing the medicine needed for elderly street people in Diriamba.  Please, join us as a ministry partner, I am here in service because you sent me, this is your ministry too, has Jesus pierced your heart, you pierced his hands.

I want to thank all those who were praying for me during my recent illness.  I had a nasty bacteria get into my left lung that caused some sever pain, but I am on the mend and should be able to return to my duties quickly.

I walk joyously with my Lord through this day, join me, become a ministry partner, keep God's work fresh in the minds of those seeking Him.

Our missionary journey will continue...

No comments:

Post a Comment